Head of Procurement #AJW
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore | Posted: Jul 30, 2021
To lead all of the procurement activities comprising (a) Plant Operation & Maintenance; (b) Capital Equipment and Projects; (c) Non-Energy Utilities, (d) Logistics; (e) Waste / Equipment Disposals; and (f) Technical Services
Lead a team of buyers to support day to day needs of production, maintenance, logistics teams as well as driving strategic initiatives from the region and ability to deliver for the business expansion
- Purchase Order System
- Manages a consistent PO process in line with best practice.
- Installs appropriate systems and resource to provide suitable service levels to the business.
- Commercial Agreement with Suppliers
- Uses an effective method of communication so that the business is aware of and understands all agreements.
- Implements Global, Business Unit and Local agreements.
- Cost Management
- Conserves cash and improving working capital through management of payment terms and inventory. Works with suppliers and Finance to alleviate non-conforming situations.
- Defines a process for tracking strategic products and service costs. If there is an opportunity to hedge to avoid price increases, this should be investigated and presented to the business for approval.
- Compliance with Preferred Suppliers
- Ensures that the suppliers used by the business are qualified and approved by Supply Management.
- Rationalizes the number of suppliers.
- Develop and maintain impartial and effective relations with qualified local contractors, workshops and suppliers for support during plant emergency and quick turnarounds
- Qualified Bachelor degree, preferably in Engineering and/or Business
- Min 10 years’ experience in purchasing related function of which min 5-8 years in plant operation & maintenance related procurement
- Track record for delivering value to business through effective negotiations of long-term and/or high-value supply contracts
- Having strong commercial sense and understanding of key value drivers in procurement
- In-depth knowledge of import and export procedures
- Has been Lead Negotiator during major contractual discussions
- Project management experience demonstrating on-time delivery and improving the quality of suppliers and leading change successfully
- Strong experience with development of alternative suppliers.
Jace Wang Jing Lin, R1113653jace@searchasia.com.sg
EA no 16S8107