R&D Engineering Project Manager (Life Science/ Medical) #AJY
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore | Posted: Jun 09, 2021
- Responsible in the development of instrumentation and consumable products, supporting the developmental efforts from early conceptualization to commercialization and manufacturing transfer.
- Responsible for ensuring project goals are met in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the scientific team and external design service providers in the development of new bio analytical instrumentation and consumable products, with timely execution.
- Work closely with the business and scientific teams to define and document clear project scopes, customer requirements, and product generation maps that are aligned with short- and long-term company strategies.
- Manage identification and selection of design firms and other vendors that are best suited to meeting short- and long-term customer requirements.
- Provide leadership to ensure that customer requirements are clearly communicated to selected design firms, and subsequently translated into clear schedules that integrate business, scientific, and design firm deliverables.
- Manage relationships with design firms and ensure all deliverables are aligned with requirements and met on-time, on-budget, on-scope, and on-strategy.
- Manage business and technical risks, including timely communication to key internal and external stakeholders, as well as mitigation and contingency plans.
- Oversee prototype testing & debugging, diagnosis of technical issues and development of effective solutions.
- Oversee execution of design verification and product validation/qualification activities, including internal and design firm activities.
- Degree/ Masters in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or related disciplines.
- At least 8-10 years of experience in product development and project management within life science/ medical industry
- Proficiency in ISO13485 / FDA Quality Systems requirements for medical devices will be advantageous.
- Looking for someone with strong project management skills, cross-disciplinary engineering experience in electronics, mechanical, optics, and software engineering disciplines, and preferably with working experience in microfluidics systems.
- Experience in optical systems, microfluidic fabrication and electro-mechanical assemblies will be advantageous.
Jasmine Lai Jia Ying (R1767825)
EA License No:. 16S8107
Company: SearchAsia Consulting Pte Ltd